Translate

Saturday 11 May 2013

The Day I Went To Vote

Today is 11th May 2013. Historic elections in Pakistan. I am 38 years old and since turning 18 I have experienced three General Elections from the comfort of the sofa in my living room. This is the first time I have gone out and voted for change.

So what was that prompted me to vote. There is a change in the offing and all around me I see Middle Class families who regularly engage in drawing room politics and curse the government for all that is wrong, go out and vote for a new dawn.
The parking lot outside the polling station.

The long queues outside the poling station.

The enthusiastic women


The hopeful future

The Lion! Crestfallen

We Voted !!!!!!!




The fervor at polling stations is a testimony to the fact that change is imminent and the Pakistani people including me have taken the future of the country in our own hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment